St. Alban’s Parish Administrator Job Description:
Seeking a part-time Parish Administrator to oversee the operation of the church office and assist the priest and staff with a variety of administrative duties. As Parish Administrator, your responsibilities would include answering phone calls, managing schedules, filing, and generating printed bulletins for services. You also record personal data regarding new members of the congregation, visitors, and a variety of other issues affecting the church. Some of this data will involve church finances, so basic bookkeeping knowledge is required. Your job would be to ensure that the church it is running efficiently, accurately, and with discretion for people’s personal information.
· Answer the phone and screen calls for staff per their direction.
· Exercise tact, courtesy, confidentiality and diplomacy in receiving callers, in person or by telephone; keep calendar of appointments
· Format, print, and fold weekly church bulletins/orders of service for all regular and special services of the church. Occasionally create bulletins for special events, i.e. special services, funerals, weddings, etc.
· Obtain and record pledges made during the annual stewardship drive.
· Enter weekly contributions to general fund, building fund, special funds, and donor designated funds.
· Keep confidential all financial contribution information.
· Process bills for payment and maintain records.
· Process weekly cash deposits and make related journal entries.
· Manage the parish website
· Coordinate parish social media
· At least a high school diploma, some college preferred.
· Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and ability to work with graphics.
· Basic accounting/bookkeeping procedures and good organizational skills.
· Website management experience.
· Social media management experience.
· Ability to use QuickBooks Online.
If interested, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org